GemRed Digital Depth/Height Gauge for Router table [Review]
A gauge can be one of the most important tools you could have in your box when working in any industry that requires resize measurements down to the millimeters. In recent times, I have used multiple gauges for measurements but, none stuck with me for long. Either they are extremely weak and plasticky or they are unable to provide accurate data when required. I was very much confused and someone irritated by the fact that no brand is putting enough effort into developing a fine gauge.
I found the GemRed Height Gauge for Router Table on the internet while tirelessly looking for a gauge that would fit my exact demands. I found the GemRed gauge to be quite impressive on the first virtual look. I saw a detailed video of the product, and I was convinced that this is it for me. So, I just went on and ordered the GemRed router height gauge. It’s been close to 10 months now since I started using this device and, I thought it would be a good time to give a quick review of this device and help everyone looking for an accurate gauge for their work.
About GemRed Height Gauge Brand
Before we dive into the review about the GemRed Digital Depth Gauge for Router table, let’s take a quick look at the company itself. GemRed is one of the leading manufacturers of measuring tools. From angle finders to gauge and circumference tape they have a variety of best-selling instruments in their bracket. The company has a terrific word of mouth and, it is highly regarded for making tools that last long. In short, if you are looking for a measurement tool for your next work, a look at GemRed’s profile is a good way to start your hunt. If you don’t find what you are looking for here, then move on, however, if you do, its a safe bet to go for it. The product will not disappoint you.
Features of the best router height gauge by Geared
Here are some of the best features of GemRed Height Gauge for Router Table.
- GemRed Digital Height Gauge – The gauge is digital, which means it provides a clear, accurate, and effortless reading experience.
- It allows both horizontal and vertical measuring.
- Magnets underneath its legs give it a firm standing point.
- It comes with a locking screw to keep the measurement right where it is.
- It is designed best for hand router and router tables.
- Long-lasting lithium battery
- An impressive accuracy of <100μA.
- Lightweight of just 3.98 ounces.
GemRed Digital Height Gauge – Pros & Cons
Here is what will impress you with GemRed Digital Height Gauge.
- Very lightweight allows easy mobility.
- The battery lasts long and doesn’t give up on you even if the work goes on for long hours.
- The magnet underneath the legs is an excellent idea providing enhanced stability.
- The price point is daily competitive when compared to the features.
- The measuring range of 0~80mm (0~3 1/8″ ) is very helpful when measuring a variety of objects.
- The buttons function well and don’t allow any distraction when working.
- The display is large for taking a reading from a distance.
There are a couple of downsides to using the device that should also be pulled to light. Here are they:
- It is made of plastic which would make you question its durability.
- Battery requires changing from time to time which is an added cost.
In a fair world, you would find a gauge that has everything you are looking for in it. But that doesn’t happen. If you go for the durability of the product, you might have to give up on accuracy. If you want to go for a good battery life, the design would not be adequate. So something like the GemRed Digital Height Gauge is a great overall option that you can consider.
GemRed Digital Depth Gauge Buying Guide
Here are a couple of pointers that you can consider when looking for any sort of gauge.
- Know your budget. Some gauges start at tens and go on to hundreds. In such circumstances, it is better to know how much you are willing to spend.
- What matters the most? Is it the battery life, the built quality, or the accuracy that matters most to you. Pick a gauge accordingly.
- What is work? Invest in an expensive gauge when you know that it’s going to take extremely important in your toolbox. If you are just buying it for a rainy day, don’t spend too much if not required.